On searching for better color schemes for Putty, I stumbled upon this blog post which shows two color schemes for Putty. Out of these, I settled for the Zenburn color scheme.
Steps to modify Putty's color scheme and saving it to new or already loaded sessions can be found here.
Putty RGB colors/options for the Zenburn color scheme are as follows -
- Default Foreground - 255/255/255
- Default Background - 51/51/51
- ANSI Black - 77/77/77
- ANSI Green - 152/251/152
- ANSI Yellow - 240/230/140
- ANSI Blue - 205/133/63
- ANSI Blue Bold -135/206/235
- ANSI Magenta - 255/222/173 or 205/92/92
- ANSI Cyan - 255/160/160
- ANSI Cyan Bold - 255/215/0
- ANSI White - 245/222/179
In addition to the above colors, I applied two more changes to the font (Putty -> Window -> Appearance -> Font Settings) -
- Font - Consolas, 10-point
- Font quality - Default (you can play around with this option to see what suits your screen/display best).
Edit: If you're on Windows, check out this Github repo which contains ready made registry files for installing the Zenburn scheme in Putty.
- Official Zenburn Page
- Zenburn : Low contrast colour scheme for low light conditions
- Zenburn for Eclipse
- Zenburn for EasyEclipse for Python 1.3.1
- Is Your IDE Hot or Not?